Zoom

  • Increase
  • Normal

Milestones

  • 1945: GCT formerly known as Arthur Hope College of Technology was started with the  Introduction of two UG Courses B.E.- Civil Engg. and  B.E. – EEE at Peelamedu.
  • 1950: Shifted to the present campus at Thadagam Road.
  • 1951: Renamed as Govt. College of Technology, and affiliated to Univ. of Madras.
  • 1952: Introduction of B.E. – Mechanical Engg course.
  • 1959: Main Building was opened by Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, Vice Presisdent of India.
  • 1970: Introduction of B.E. – Elec. & Commun. Engg Course.
  • 1971: Introduction of M.E. Structural Engg  and M.E. Engg. Design course.
  • 1977: Introduction of B.E. – Production Engg course.
  • 1978: Introduction of Part Time M.E. Power Systems Engg., PTBE Degree courses in Civil, Mechanical and EEE branches. 
  • 1980: Introduction of M.E. Applied Electronics, M.E. Production Engg course and PTBE in ECE. 
  • 1981: Partial Autonomous status
  • 1981: Partial Autonomous status for the PG Structural Engg and PG Engg Design. 
  • 1981: Introduction of M.E. – Public Health Engg course later on renamed as M.E. - Environmental Engg. 
  • 1982: Introduction of M.Sc. – Applied Chemistry course. 
  • 1984: Introduction of B.E. – Instrumentation & Control Engg course and subsequently changed as Elec. & Instru. Engg course. 
  • 1986: Introduction of B.E. – Computer Technology & Informatics and subsequently changed as Computer Sci. & Engg.
  • 1987: Introduction of M.E. – Computer Sci. & Engg (PT).
  • 1987: Introduction of M.E. – Computer Sci. & Engg (FT).
  • 1987: Full autonomous status to all UG and PG courses.
  • 1998:EIE block was constructed.
  • 2001: Introduction of B.E. – Information Technology.
  • 2002: Introduction of B.Tech – Industrial Bio technology course.
  • 2002: Research centre and subsequently in 2011 , moved to Anna University Regional Centre Coimbatore. 
  • 2002: Zonal Office established . 
  • 2003: TEQIP – Phase I sanctioned. 
  • 2003: Common Computing Centre was established. 
  • 2003: 64 kbps leased line with fiber optic back bone network facility provided to entire campus. 
  • 2006: Digital Library.
  • 2007: Introduction of M.E Geotechnical Engineering course. 
  • 2008: Dept. of Civil Engg block was opened. 
  • 2008: IBT block was constructed. 
  • 2010: Received best college award. 
  • 2011: Alumni building opened. 
  • 2012: TEQIP – Phase II sanctioned. 
  • 2012: 100 MBPS National Knowledge Network was provided. 
  • 2012: Dr. J. J. Rudra Block was opened by Video Conferencing by Hon. Dr. J. Jayalalitha, Chief Minister. 
  • 2012: Centre of Excellence for Environmental Engg. 
  • 2012: Centre of Excellence for Alternate energy sources.
  • ​2015: Accreditation of all 9 UG Programs
  • 2016: Entire Campus including hostels WiFi enabled
  • 2016: NKN link upgraded to 1Gbps